Saturday 6 April 2013

Quotes the participants of this course enjoy

Discussions on Nicenet are enlightening us and we were supposed to start off with our introduction informing others about our courses and types of students that we teach, how long we have been teaching, and our favourite saying or short quotation in English.

Reading quotes in the discussion, idea came out to write them in one place. Quotations are written in an order I collected them.   

Enjoy what we enjoy!


"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C. Clarke    
Donna from University of Oregon

"No child left behind"  
Laileng from

'Education is the most powerful weapon we can use to change the world. ' Nelson Mandela     
Elias from Senegal

"You teach me & I will forget - You show me & I will remember - You involve me & I will learn"         
Rosmery from Bolivia

"There is time for everything."  Thomas A. Edison
"Work is more fun than funNoel Coward
Gulnar from Azerbaijan


"Learning is a continuous journey & I am a tireless learner to learn the lees!"
Mukta from Bangladesh

"It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge" Albert Einstein        
"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow. It is what sunflowers do..."  Helen Keller
Khadija from Sudan

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever" Mahatma Gandhi
Roberto from Salvador

"Sincerity is the best policy"  
Nasir from Pakistan

"That being kind is more important than being right".    
Shuqing from China

To err is human, but to really mess things up you need a computer.   
Anna from Kyrgyzstan

"Never lose hope in ALLAH"  
Darren from Lebanon

"Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths pure theatre."  Gail Godwin    
Jules from Senegal

"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you."
Sawako from China

"They are able who think they are able"  Virgil
Maria from Mexico 


My favourite quotation is displayed in the top right hand corner of my blog :-)

Monika

4 comments:

  1. Hi Monika,

    You've done a tremendous work. It's really fantastic. I even forgot to mention this important part of te training. Thanks for inspiring me on reading your blog. Congrats!

    Elias

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Monika.
    I've found your idea of sharing some of our favorite quotes really interesting. That was really creative. Thank you for sharing this with us.
    Roberto

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Monika!

    What a great idea to collect all those quotes together! I still have mine to post, maybe I'll find something and put it on my blog in the next few days.
    I enjoyed yours about the teaching profession ; ) It's so much more positive than the one you usually hear: Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach...
    All in all, I enjoyed reading your blog, I had a lot of the same feelings and reactions when creating my blog; everything from disbelief to relief when I noticed it wasn't tehcnically that demanding.
    Tuula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thank you all for your comments. I was not sure if anybody would have time to read my posts :-)

    I am happy to getting you know and look forward to being in touch.

    Monika

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.