Saturday 6 April 2013

What did I get myself into? Part II


Encouraged by my successful and easy attempt to comment on Donna’s post, I decided to set up my blog as well because I was not exactly sure when I would have time to do it and to be honest, as a teacher I always want to have my work done properly and on time.

First of all, I read on our Wiki to create a blog on www.blogger.com using  the instructions provided by UO course (University of Oregon). Well, I typed the address into my browser and got surprised by the redirection of the browser to accounts.google . . .   and the need to sign up as if going to my google account which I had open.  “There’s something fishy about this”, I thought and started to read the instructions. I realised that “google” was involved.

As a result, I thought “ok”, so I signed in and …. a screen  appeared asking to choose from  options which I was not sure which to choose.  The first one talked about something I did not pay attention to and the second one talked about something with restrictions….. You know,  it was 11:15 pm for me, being exhausted and confused I did not read with comprehension J or I just did not understand even though it was written in my mother tongue, so I clicked the first option.

As a consequence of having chosen the option on the left (the first offered), the screen opened and “Oh, no! NO! NO! NO!”, I started crying. “It looks like Facebook and I hate Facebook….. I have never wanted to set up an account similar to this one and now… I AM IN! What am I going to do? What course have I chosen?”, thoughts were rushing through my head and I started panicking. “What did I get myself into? Me, stupid one.  I do not want to read any posts posted by people I have never met, seen or heard of…… Oh, no!, I could not calm myself down. “Where is that blog?”, I was frantically trying to find where to set it up but regardless the instructions provided, I could not find it.

Finally, after  a while the panic attack started retreating and oxygen got back to my head, I collected myself and started reading and thinking.  I used my “talent” and finally found where to set up the blog. Then it was as easy as a pie. 

Last, but not least, I am convinced that despite the problems I faced due to my fatigue and a lack of attention, I am going to enjoy this course and I look forward to dealing with other challenges.

1 comment:

  1. I like your perfect and detailed account of all your actions. Difficult though it is, you've done your best so far. You are very persistent, my dear. Good luck.

    Elias

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.